our next retreat in June will be with
jason quin, JDPSN
Please click on the poster below for online registration.
upcoming Retreat Dates
2-Day Retreat, June 10-11 with Jason Quinn, JDPSN
2-Day Retreat, July 8-9 with Zen Master Bon Soeng
2-Day Retreat, August TBA, Steve Cohen, JDPSN
2-Day Retreat, September 9-10 with Barry Briggs, JDPSN
2-Day Retreat, October 21-22, Myong Hae Sunim
College Retreat, November TBA, with Zen Master Bon Yeon
2-Day Retreat, November 11-12, with Zen Master Bon Shim, JDPSN
1-Day Retreat, December 10, with Barry Briggs, JDPSN
Meditation retreats provide a rare opportunity to investigate your life for an extended period of time. Through this investigation, you can more easily access your inherent wisdom and compassion.
We offer a variety of one-day and multi-day retreats. One-day retreats are especially suitable for those who have never participated in a retreat.
We also host retreats for Boston-area college students two times each year; these provide students an opportunity to engage in Zen training in the company of peers.
Multi-day retreats, known as “Yong Maeng Jong Jin” retreats, last two or more days. "Yong Maeng Jong Jin" is a traditional phrase that means “to leap like a tiger while sitting.” Anyone can make this leap and transform their life.
Retreats are held in silence and consist of sitting and walking meditations, bowing, chanting, formal meals, work practice and a private kong-an interviews
Please register for the college retreat no later than 10 P.M. on the Friday before the retreat; we cannot accommodate late registration.
You may also call the Zen center office at (617) 576-3229 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday – Thursday.
- $65 per day for the general public
- $45 per day for members in good standing in the Kwan Um School of Zen and seniors
- $35 for college students (ID required) and members in good standing in the Kwan Um School of Zen and who have 10 precepts
- One-Day retreats begin at 9 a.m. Newcomers must come to Orientation at 8:00 a.m.
- For Yong Maeng Jong Jin retreats, newcomers must come to Orientation on Saturday or Sunday at 8:00 a.m.
- Previous Retreatants: Yong Maeng Jong Jin retreats begin at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday. If you are coming from a distance, it is possible to enter at 8:00 a.m.
- You may also enter 6:15 p.m. on the evening before a retreat day for which you have registered.
Overnight Retreat Lodging
Those who live close to Cambridge Zen Center may wish to sleep at home during retreats. If you prefer to stay at the Zen center, overnight lodging is included in your retreat fee. You must arrange accommodations in advance through the online registration form.